Wednesday, September 4, 2013

opic: “Nigerian Movie Marketers Want To Sleep With Me”-Yoruba Actress Bisi Ibidapo Obe (Read 316 times)

opic: “Nigerian Movie Marketers Want To Sleep With Me”-Yoruba Actress Bisi Ibidapo Obe (Read 316 times)

Nolly-wood Yoruba actress Bisi Ibidapo Obe who got into a messy paternity case with Hon Dino Melaye last year is in the news again.

In a tell-it-all interview with Kayode Aponmade, the actress spoke at length on her motherhood experience, her relationship with ex-lawmaker Dino Melaye and many other issues.

Interview excerpt below;

When did your romance with acting start? Right from my primary school, I always participate in anything entertainment. I fell in love with acting right from school. So, after school I decided to take it professionally and since then I have no regrets. I was brought into acting by the late Bimpe Adekola (Ireti). She was the one that motivated me into acting. Whenever I watched her movies, I always like her performance, so I said to myself that I would love to be like that. So I went to see Gbenga Adewusi, who introduced me to Araosan, who later took me to Odunfa where I met Taiwo Hassan, Yinka Quadri and Abbey Lanre. I was so happy; it was like meeting Michael Jackson. So they accepted me and I received my training under them.


For how long have you been in the profession?

About 21 years now.

So how has it been since then?
It has been rough and tough. At the same time, it has been full of fun. There is no job without its own challenges, but so far, it has been fun. This is what I have passion for, so I have had no regret at all.  I went through series of challenges but since I don’t see myself doing any other thing except acting, I trudged on. The experience has been good and nice.

How many movies have you produced on your own?
I have produced just three movies; Oyin Ade, Omo Jesu and Igboran San.

Why just three films?

I didn’t start producing my own movies until 2004. If you know me very well, I am not that kind of person that jumps into movie production simply because others are doing it. I received very good training, that is the reason I was able to come out with good films. I can’t be producing films every other day because my films gulp lots of money unlike those who spend peanuts on their movies. I take my time to produce.

Are you working on any movie for now?

Yes, I am working on a movie.

You are now a mother. How do you feel?
In fact, this is the greatest thing to have happened to me. I am exceedingly happy to be a mother.  I am so grateful to God that He has counted me among mothers. This is what I have wished for all my life. Motherhood is sweet!

Full Gist
http://www.tundeola.com/2013/07/nigerian-movie-marketers-want-to-sleep.html#more

No comments:

Post a Comment